Your Venture's Unfair Advantage
1. Knowledge of Sewing and Fabric
Having this knowledge allows me to be step above some because I can create this product by myself, allowing it to start as a one man band. Giving myself more profit to create a faster and better product line. It also allows me to know what fabric will fit well in the pants, and feel the best for the consumer, as well as be sturdy enough for wear and tear. I would not have to use anyone to start the product, I have the knowledge to start, which some people enjoy seeing the younger generation create something for themselves, and then share with the world.
2. Business Major
This gives me an advantage because the classes so far have taught me how to manage myself and others correctly and efficiently. As well as this, it has given me more knowledge about industries and how each can fluctuate, giving me an idea of how I should introduce the new product.
3. Having a Create Mindset
I could not have thought of this idea without being creative, I would say. This can add improvements on the product as well as create a completely different product allowing my future consumers to enjoy pants and pockets. Who knows what fashion could be like in the next 10 years or even next year, having this mindset keeps me thinking of new ways to wear clothes and produce products.
4. Knowledge of Social Media Marketing
I worked as a social media marketing manager for awhile, and when I wasn't posting and boosting the company, I was reading sites on how to effectively use each platform. This and the creative mindset, made for some fun posts grabbing the viewers, this can help boost my new design into consumers feed.
5. Adaptability
Do to the fashion industry changing constantly and heck our lives changing, I can adapt really well. It took a while to learn, but now I can flow and generate new ideas with each new situation.
6. Mobility
Having access to fabric and a sewing machine nearby really gives me an advantage, I can move it anywhere.
7. Passion for Advertising
I love design, in all forms, like advertising for cars, new concepts for skirts, any of it. Design is everywhere, I love to create, as shown, but to create the design then the advertising for it is my favorite. Having this passion for the design process sets me aside, because I don't just want to produce the product, I want to produce the way consumers view and take in the product. I want them to see an ad and fall in love with the look and then the product, the advertisement should grab them and make them want to purchase the product right then.
8. Passion for Helping Others
I started this design for women, then I thought this can be for everyone. I want everyone to feel comfortable in their own skin and love to put on shorts or jeans, and feel confident. I struggled with this for awhile, I don't think others should ever feel this way, I want to produce something anyone can wear and also put profits back into the community, and for each pair bought those in need get 2 in return. No one should be afraid of having no clothes or food. I want to help anyone as well as produce a product that everyone loves themselves in.
9. Leadership
I currently work as a manager, if my company does need more people to help produce, I can and will provide great leadership because I will have knowledge due to my degree and I will have worked every position in the company.
10. Being able to Receive Financial Help from Family
I am fortunate enough to have my family's help in the financial aspect to get myself started, I know some do not. It allows me to not feel the stress of a bank on my back, and just get myself started on the design.
The top resource is the ability and knowledge of sewing. I can produce the product and create the company by myself, allowing profits to help me put back into the company to create better quality and hopefully a larger company. With the ability to create by myself I can use profits for advertising and more materials.
Hey Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about your Venture’s Unfair Advantage. You included a ton of great resources that could allow you to get the business off the ground. I like how you included “having a create mindset” due to the fact it takes a lot of creativity to become a successful entrepreneur. I am looking forward to reading more about your venture!