Venture Concept No. 1

Opportunity 

The opportunity I have pushed this semester is larger pants pockets with a durable thin pocket fabric, thus helping those who have their hands full to have the space to carry their items, or for those who use pockets to paint or garden, the ideas for the use are endless for the new consumers. The company will be called "The Perfect Size", not only for the pockets but because the pants, shorts, skirts, etc. will help make the consumer feel beautiful and comfortable in the fabric. However the pants are not the opportunity, the pockets will be advertised the most, which will create consumers to look my way. Women have dealt with small pockets, no pockets, pockets that are too big and bunch in a weird way, that's the reason for my design. Women should not have to wear mens shorts or pants to have the same space capacity, they should have comfortable bottoms and all the same amount of space, especially when we carry "more small items" than men, most of the time This market is wide, especially with social media the product can boom, everyone can hear and try the perfect pants, and finally be able to use pockets that feel nice and hold everything they need. My design is for everyone, however I started because of the trend in women's clothes, thus it will be gender neutral. 

Why don't women's jeans have pockets? - Quora
^ A picture of a regular women's pocket space capacity. 

Innovation 

In terms of innovation, it is not radically different, some companies have already started to create larger pockets. However the fabric used will be the difference, the thin durable fabric, will solve the bunching issue and with this it will be soft material, allowing the reduction of hang nails and rough fingers. 

I have stated I wanted to give back in assignments before this, my company will help others feel comfortable in their skin, with every purchase 2 pair of the jeans, shorts, .etc is sent to those in those in need. I will promote mental health throughout the entire company, I know many companies have hotlines, but that's all they say. I know how it feels, it can be more than draining, and I hope this product and the openness to help those who are struggling, make consumers feel as if they are contributing to something larger than themselves as well as receive a product that promotes them to feel comfortable in their own skin. In the end the consumer will feel great about their purchase, and not only for having the perfect pocket space, but for being about of something bigger. 

Venture Concept 

- Larger, softer, more durable pockets
-Sizes made to make people feel comfortable in their skin
-Promoting mental health'
-Giving back to the community 

I think at first consumers will come in slowly, but once they see the change in pocket space and how smooth the pocket will feel on their skin they will definitely buy all the products with the pocket deign. Along with this the idea of each purchase giving back to the community always makes consumers feel good about their purchase. 

Three Minor Elements

My most important resource is my ability to start this design by scratch, giving my first profits the ability to help grow the business, and produce a larger company/ store.

My next step for the venture is to produce the product and create prototypes, in all the different bottoms in fashion, such as skirts, jeans, shorts, etc. 

I would hope to create a store locally, then with the help of social media, create a larger company with stores throughout the south and eventually make my way around the US, but I would definitely be online pithing the first 6 months, so anyone can be accessible to my store. I would hope to have created or donated more than 250,000 to a mental health charity, as well as given over 10,000 jeans to those in need, within the first 5 years, hopefully much more but fashion can change so I'll keep the numbers small for now. 

Comments

  1. Rachel, great work on this assignment! It is evident that you put a lot of though and effort into your venture concept. I really like the idea you have for a local store and expanding it to larger and more stores across the country. I would even think nationally with your product!! I also think it’s great that you are planning to use your business for good by donating profits and products to charity. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,
    Great job with your concept. I like how you incorporated mental health into your product, as it promotes a positive image into society as well as your product. I love how you made it a priority for people to not only feel like they can utilize the product to the best of their ability, but also to feel comfortable in their own skin while wearing the product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure