Idea Napkin No. 2

1. Not much has changed since in this part since the first Napkin, however my computer capabilities will help grow the business or paten, for the pockets. If this business succeeds, I believe it will become my career. If large brands want to buy and use my fabric and pattern for their needs, then the company would go worldwide. Allowing me to meet and see new people and places, like many in the fashion industry. 

2. Not only am I providing larger more durable pockets, I would also provide style and comfort. As mentioned in the comments in the first Napkin, not all pockets are the same size across the board, some are larger than others, and there are some pants with no pockets (fake pockets) at all. 

3. Unfortunately, because of being such a broad industry and fashion norms are constantly changing, I do not have a specific demographic, because some may use these pockets for space, or create a new style with the pockets hanging out of the shorts. It can go anywhere, I started with just women's pants, however I'm changing it to everyone. Anyone who wishes to buy my pants can, no ONE demographic is targeted. 

4. Future consumers care because they are purchasing extra space, and if I collaborate with popular brands, many will love the room and the comfort and style they already know and enjoy. Many today, wear pants, shorts, skirts with pockets, etc. so who wouldn't love some extra room for cash, keys or whatever they see fit. 

5. I am set apart from brands and small clothing designers, for the pocket size and the durability of them. They won't tear from keys and they will have the space for a phone and wallet. To be more specific both the phone and wallet, will be completely covered inside the pocket, nothing will stick out, as well as this the extra pocket space that isn't used will not bunch up, creating weird creases in the pants.

I personally believe that all 5 co-exist as of right now, compared to the first version I have solidified what I want to do when creating this business. Start producing the entire product, pants with the pockets, then start pitching just the patten for just the pockets to larger companies. I didn't get much feedback , but I did clarify that the pockets will stay the relative size to the pants. For instance larger sized pants have larger pocket, ratio is in play here. Of course they will all be larger than normal pockets, the ratio just keeps the pocket proportional to the pant. 

Comments

  1. Hey Rachel,

    I think you contributed some interesting thoughts and I really enjoyed reading your idea napkin. It is great to see that you really believe your business concept can become your career in the near future. I think your business idea has been great from the start, because as a male, I have recognized this problem many of times. I also agree the pocket size should stay proportional to the size of the pant. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you put in more from your first idea napkin, so we could be reminded what you put and what you added on to it. Wish there had been more feedback for you to learn more for this assignment. You seemed to talk more in this assignment about how you’d make the product, design it, which I don’t think was the purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure