Exit Strategy

1.  I personally will stay in business for a few decades to continue to promote mental health and share comfortable, affordable jeans to all. At the moment, I don't plan on having children but if I did, and only if they wanted to they could take over the company, maybe when I'm around 40-50, early retirement to start something new or create for the company from the side. If I don't pass it down to my children, then I would be heavily involved in the hiring process for a new lead, if I don't already have a trusty assistant or finance partner.

2. I chose this because, if I sold the company to some larger produce, such as Levi's, they could and most likely would change the brand and price. I want to be able to spread awareness as well as give comfortability as well as those larger pockets to anyone. Thus selling it to someone else, they may keep the pockets but change the meaning behind the jeans themselves.

3. To be honest I didn't think of an exit strategy when I came up with this opportunity until, maybe a few assignments ago. That's why I added the mental health, to help keep the company above average producer, but it's also passion that I could incorporate well with the jeans. 

Comments

  1. Rachel, great work on developing an exit strategy for this assignment. I really love how you want the message and passion associated with your business to remain the same. For example, you would like to keep your product associated with promoting mental health awareness no matter what you decide to do with the company. I also appreciate the fact that you want your product to remain accessible to everyone. That is such a good mindset. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,

    I like that you want to continue your business for the next few decades. When your 40-50, you will have a better idea of what to do with the business, rather it be sell for a lump sum of cash, or hand down to children, or even share some equity in the company so you can begin to work part-time. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading about your venture concept! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure