Testing the Hypothesis (Part 2)

Who: 
The Who in this instance is the men, kids, and other women that do not buy women's pants/shorts. And with this companies that do not produce any type of bottoms with pockets for women also fall out of boundary, such as bathing suit companies. Those that fall out of the boundary may not be directly affected by this, companies that may collaborate with them are, and same for the individual buyer. For instance, those that do not purchase women's pants/shorts may not be concerned with it, however people that they may know might love the idea.

What:
This need may be similar to others in the fashion world because it is constantly changing. However some companies have not updated pockets or updated at all over the years. The idea for larger pockets does not change the idea of some companies it just adds some extra holding space. Which differs from some ideas because it does not add a new style and/or change a style on the outside.

Why:
Those that are outliers do not have a different need because they simply do not care if the pockets are enlarged. Because those that are outside the boundaries may not even use the new product, however they may buy it for others, which are those inside the boundary.

Inside the Boundary
Who is in: Those that are purchasing women's pants/shorts.
What the Need is: Larger Pockets
Why the Need Exists: Helps give those more room to hold items.

Outside the Boundary
Who is Not: Those who do not purchase women's pants/shorts. Companies that do not produce women's pants/shorts.
What the Need is Not: Changing the entirety of some companies predetermine patterns for women's pants/shorts.
Alternative Explanations: Some do not wish to have extra fabric as well as those who do not wear shorts or pants at all.

Comments

  1. This is awesome work and a super interesting opportunity!! I, along with many women EVERYWHERE, have the need for bigger pockets. I do not understand why the pockets on most pants made for women are tiny and incredibly ineffective. I guess I understand the need for small pockets in terms of fashion sense, but I would rather have pockets that actually work. Super interested in this entrepreneurship opportunity and I am excited to see how it develops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you gave a summary of all five interviews conducted so we could get a bigger view of the outsider, it seemed like they were all bunched up. In the table I do like how you reach the point in the who is not, what the need is, and why the need exists. I like how you included outliers, like a middle man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure