Tenacity & Paying It Forward

1. This course has pushed me to think outside the box more than any other course. Which has helped in real world situations, by helping me become more efficient at my job, and producing better sales. As well as this, I have become aware of completing assignments a day or two before the deadline. This trait now carries over to my other course and my day to day activities.

2. Like many taking online courses we also work, and my hours have become longer and the drive to my house is at least 40 minutes. And last week, it hit me so hard, I did not finish an assignment because I had a ridiculously long day and I had to start laundry, and clean the kitchen. It just all came at me like a train. And on top of that we are starting to move into a new house so we are getting things together for that, such as final paper work and packing up. So when I finally sat down to start homework I was on the verge of not completing the peer reviews. I was just so exhausted, but I had no choice. I pushed through and rewarded myself with ice cream and kissing my cats on their little foreheads. They and my boyfriend really help me finish my assignments, because I know once I’m done, we can all get into bed and cuddle. 

3. Tips I would give to future students would (1)reward yourself, it doesn’t have to be big just something to help you feel good that you finished an assignment or a batch of them, such as a cookie or maybe some break time on your phone. It will help you relax for the next work and you get a mental break to wind you down. (2) rest, I know many have heard this since the dawn of time, but sometimes we can get too tired to even understand what you are reading or typing. I know you want to just finish it and get it over with, but it’s better to understand and evaluate what you’re studying and preparing for when you have rested than just vaguely knowing what a word means because it’s late at night and you just want to submit. And with that (3) give yourself time to finish an assignment . Don’t do it last minute or you won’t get it completely right and we both know it will be half-assed. And honesty if you can’t finish one assignment, and it’s not a big part of the grade, it ok to let that one go. That’s why having time for the assignments let’s you be able to complete them all. Just focus on what’s in front of you. 


This is my newest kitten, her name is Bobbie, she knows when it’s homework time and naps while I do my assignments. Having a friend helps motivate you as well, it’s a reward because you can hang out for a little after each assignment or in my case kiss her little head.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure