Solving the Problem

Selected Opportunity:
Create larger pockets for women's pants/shorts.

Service:
Create a larger pattern during production, but with a thinner more durable fabric. Thinner fabric will reduce bunching.

The goal:
I want to achieve a pattern for all clothing companies, to give larger pockets in women's pants/shorts, to achieve a more efficient and useful pocket overall. Of course my design would come at a cost for each pair used, however it would only be a small cost, such as .01 or barely a penny.

Comments

  1. Hi Rachel,

    Interesting solution. While I have experienced this issue myself, I am curious about your distribution method. It seems that this product may be more profitable if it were to be sold as a consulting service with your expertise of pocket design being the sale. I am unsure if it would be attractive or desirable for a company to pay per use of your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,

    I believe that your opportunity is very important and can be seen as relatable by many women. I like how you took into account how even though the need for larger pockets is important in women's pants, the material needs to be lightweight and thin in order to be efficient. Thinking about the extra cost is a crucial aspect of carrying out your opportunity, and I like how you noted that it would only be a small additional cost. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure