Idea Napkin No. 1

1. I am a junior at the University of Florida, majoring in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing. I am a very quick leaner, as well as very tech savvy. When I worked at a Real Estate Agency, I ran the marketing aspect, which gave them over a thousand new likes on Facebook and 300 more followers on Instagram. That may seem small to some but for this company it really boosted their name throughout the farm community here in Ocala. As of right now, I just started a key holder management position at Tervis, and I can't wait to see what I learn from here. If I were to start this idea, I would start it with my Grammy, start small then build up. I feel like this business would create a good family business as well as help women and others in need of larger pockets.

2. Many have had this issue throughout their lives, small pockets incapable of holding their phones, or wallets when they need. Having extra space not only gives those who want extra space, but the option to put items in their pockets. This might help get rid of the "fake pocket" jeans, they are misleading and useless.

3. I would offer it to any that want to purchase women's jeans with larger pockets. Maybe to artist that carry brushes in their pockets to have free hands, or to those that don't want to carry a purse, more space for significant items. This is a broad market because of new fashion, and gender trends, it stretches to everyone in need of larger pockets without the bunching like mens jeans.

4. As stated above, my customers would want this product because it cares for them. Having comfort as well as space in jeans, all without bunching in awkward places.

5. I would have not only more space, I would have style. However some jean companies have started making larger pockets, mine would be much bigger then theirs, as well as a durable thin fabric. Most companies have thin pocket fabrics that wear and tear. However mine would withstand any use and washing.

I do believe I have some weaker points in this assignment because I haven't completely decided if I want to produce just the pattern and sell to preexisting companies. Or on the other hand, have my own jean company, based around the larger more durable pockets.

Comments

  1. Hi!
    This is a great idea! I have noticed that many of my shorts have fake pockets that are just there fro appearance but are useless in nature. They never come in handy whatsoever. Are pockets generally similar sizes across the board? And if not how do you plan on diversifying to offer different sizes dependent upon the need?
    Best,
    Wally

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure