Figuring Out Buyer Behavior
1. Segment: Car enthusiasts, especially those in the Acura market.
2. I went to my local Acura dealership and asked the dealers, as well as consumers in the service department.
Interview 1: Dealer
"When it comes to buying Acura, some may say they are more expensive Honda's, however you're buying the luxury and class. You're buying the name." He continued to share that the brand is what the consumer is buying. As well as this, he shared that the future sedan TLX 2021 will come with new and improved technology and a complete interior upgrade. He believes that those really involved with this brand, will instantly fall in love and continue brand loyalty throughout the years.
Interview 2: Older Woman in Service Lobby
Unfortunately she admitted immediately that the she loved the service, each time she went for an old change or tire repair, the service team was always quick and easy, and it was cost effective. She said that she loved her RLX, and when a newer model comes out in the future she will definitely be coming in to buy one. She loved the customer service displayed at this dealership.
Interview 3: Interested Buyers
It was a family, they came in to check out new smaller Acura sedans, they currently have an MDX, a larger SUV. They wanted to downsize because the kids were getting their own cars. They said that they enjoyed the style of the TLX however the RLX was a bigger interior. They were breaking it down, which stye they would need, not so much the look. However the kids are getting cars, they still enjoy a roomy interior.
I learned that not all Acura consumers, like myself, are looking for fast and sleek, they look for customer service. As well as this, many look for a roomy interior in their sedans, which I understand. I also completely agree with the car salesman, you're not just buying a Honda, you're buying the name and luxury.
Hi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteYour interviews are very thorough! Great work! I am curious to know if any customers addressed their need and timing of their awareness of said need. It seems that the first customer may be recognizing her need to replace her car in conjunction with the deterioration of her beloved vehicle and potentially the second customer felt the need as her kids aged?
Hey Rachel,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your interviews. Your thoughts were very organized and I liked the range of people that you interviewed. I like how you identified that customer service was a main concern with regards to your customers, and meeting their needs in that sense is a factor that needs to be taken into account. By buying an Acura rather than a Honda, the customers have proven that the name and image of the brand is important when "selling" your product. How big of an impact does the interior of the car hold to the customer?
Most posts I’ve seen don’t have every interview listed so I appreciate that you gave your interviews in your post. I loved the direct quotes given by those you interviewed. I feel like you interviewed the important people in a dealership, especially an interested buyer. I almost don’t see how you came to the conclusion that the buyers are looking for good customer service, only one person you interviewed said that. It seemed like after your interviews your views had changed.
ReplyDelete