Opportunity Belief
HOV lanes on I-75 after Orlando Turnpike
Everyone knows what it feels like when you get trapped behind two semis or two people having a slow race on the highway. I believe adding a HOV lane ( high-occupancy vehicle) would help traffic back ups as well as keep slower traffic win their lane. All Florida drivers, Disney World lovers, and shipping company’s would benefit from this lane, it allows semis to ride safely without being pushed around by other vehicles trying to pass, as well as allowing family’s riding together have a safe, faster ride to the Orlando area. I know this need has always been around, constantly people want bigger roads but I believe this should be one of the first to be set in place. This opportunity exists at 100 percent, I recently went to Orlando and on the way back an over-sized load was in the left lane and a semi was right beside it on the right. Everyone was driving under the speed limit for 15 mins, no over-sized load should be in the left lane. Everyone waiting was trying to push others to go faster causing unnecessary safety issues. I believe adding a HOV lane will decrease these problems and increase driving productivity.
Customers Reflections
Customer One (Florida driver, lives here in Ocala, doesn’t travel to Orlando too often)
She believes that adding in the HOV lane would help get closer to that unmet need, of traffic problems. She doesn’t believe it would be safer, however it would be more convenient for those who are traveling “straight through” without stopping. She suggests this need has always been around, having an extra lane especially a HOV lane, because it allows people to stay a steady speed without traffic issues.
What surprised me the most is that she didn’t think it would add a safer driving experience. She thought it would be the same, even though there is another lane. She did express the idea of this lane may cause new traffic regulations because almost all people may want to go beyond the speed limit.
Customer Two (frequently goes to Universal)
She believes adding such lane will fulfill unmet need, by decreasing traffic. It would be safer because people would be out of the way of bigger vehicles. She believes this need has just occurred because of the increase of population and drivers on the road.
I wasn’t suspecting her to say that it would be safer for bigger vehicles. I didn’t take in the fact that people would move for bigger vehicles. However, we both agree that it would benefit and meet the need for more lanes, especially a car pool lane.
Customer three ( Semi driver, always on the road)
He said it would would be beneficial to decrease the congestion caused by people incorrectly passing and block us, causing accidents. He said he experienced this need all the time, because family’s will ride his tail because he will not surpass the speed limit. He mentioned he never needed it until I brought it to his attention. He said it would greatly improve his days on the road, and increase productivity of his abilities. This would satisfy my traveling 100%.
I’m not surprised by his words at all, I knew going into this interview that he would agree with this added lane. He said he’s used to how people ride his tail, however it would relieve the stress of them if this existed.
Conclusion
Most of my original idea is still in place and all my interviewees agreed that it would satisfy and produce a better driving experience. However I did have to think about new regulations about driving, HOV lanes are scarce in Florida so having a class on it would be beneficial to drivers. Because of this idea of classes, it helped create a more accurate opportunity and maybe future outcome to I-75.
Comments
Post a Comment