My Entrepreneurship Story

I use to work as a Group Leader for an elementary school. I was in charge of the third graders that stayed after school. I was always in charge of creating new activities and finding ways to keep them learning while also having fun. Most of the group leaders had just looked online or used a book of ideas that then can use for activities. However I knew that the kids wouldn't be interested at all, they all wanted to talk about Snapchat or TikTok. They loved social media (which probably isn't the best for them, but I'm not their parent). So I created an activity where they "posed" or "danced" and created a story to go with it. It was adorable and also gave them the ability to express themselves and it wast something they had already done, like making slime.

I enrolled in Ent3003 not only for the credit and for my degree, but to become more well-rounded. My dad and mom use to run a company together, they are superb entrepreneurs. Yes I have learned a lot from them over the years, but I would like to structure myself better and question the world around me more, understand it and provide for it. I believe this class will help me achieve this goal.

3d illustration concept book formed a question mark Stock Illustration - 14133089

Image from:
https://www.123rf.com/photo_14133089_3d-illustration-concept-book-formed-a-question-mark.html

Comments

  1. I loved this example as a group leader because I was one also over the summer but didn’t think to use it for my story. I think you fully took on the leadership role that business owners take on as well, even if it’s with little kids. I can see how inspired you are by your parents’ entrepreneurship story, creating this focus for this class which I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I really enjoyed reading about your entrepreneurship story. I think it was impressive that as a Group Leader, you were able to create an activity for the third graders that was both innovative and captivating for the kids. It was especially remarkable that you did not use pre-existing ideas or activities---this shows the creative approach you took to solving this problem. I am looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the different things that you have been taught by your parents, while adding to that inventory of knowledge throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure