Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends
Regulatory Trends
1. Contact Free HandlingThis has just started not only on food delivery apps but also for clothing stores. I went to the Villages and there was a a clothing store that added no contact pick-up for online ordering. I believe this may continue even after the pandemic settles. People have already become accustomed to all the contact free lifestyle, and this will probably continue for years. This allows customers to get their products without entering the store, which I know many anti-social or people that just don't like to shop, will continue to use. It just makes shopping easier and stress free. As someone that works in retail, many people love to online shop, and since these shops will already have their products in store, they will just order from that store and have it sooner than online ordering.
2. Golf Carts Being Allowed to Drive in the Downtown Area
The has just became a new regulation in Ocala, however many in the Historic area of Ocala may find it wonderful, I believe this will cause many problems for regular drivers. I just read about this regulation the other day, and it may be put into place soon, however as a everyday driver that goes through and near the downtown area on a daily bases, knows this will get out of hand. I believe older people and kids will drive around recklessly because they either went drinking or just went to goof off. Thus causing traffic problems for daily drivers as well as those just passing through.
Economic Trends
1. Online Shopping for Groceries
As we all know many businesses closed down for months, losing thousands of dollars, however online shopping has stayed steady or even grown. For instance many have began to use Amazon more, as well as Instacart, things of that nature. This will stay in place for the rest of our lives, and become more prevalent in our shopping than going to the grocery store. We will soon order all our food through apps and online. I believe this because of COVID-19, this pushed many to use delivery services and many have come accustomed to it, such as I have. It is more convenient and you do not have to leave your house. Allowing older people to have one less thing to worry about, as well as helping busy families and individuals function faster because they themselves do not have to shop.
2. APR Percentages Have Been Falling
Due to the economic impact of COVID-19 Present Trump unveiled that fact that the federal rate as hit an all time low of 0.00 to 0.25 percent. This has allowed lower interest rates with credit financing, which has let citizens borrow money at a lower cost to themselves and continue to stimulate the economy. COVID-19 has created many opportunities for citizens (some bad) to allow them to recover financial security during these unprecedented times. Such as us, we bought a house during this time, and due to this lower percentage rates we will have a lower cost to us overall with the mortgage and all the bills included.
Hey Rachel!
ReplyDeleteI think you have contributed some great thoughts to this post. I focused on a few similar things as you did, such as contact free handling of foods and other products. One thing I did not expect to become a regulatory trend is shopping for your groceries completely online. Many of the trends that are being talked about are about helping people stay at home. Good work!
I wish you provided the sources/articles where you found these trends so I could look more into these opportunities. I couldn’t see the regulatory trend of golf carts driving in the downtown area as an opportunity or even as a trend, I can see it as a bug though, maybe this is because this doesn’t occur in my own area.
ReplyDelete