Bug List

Driving Bugs (OMG)

  • When Ocala drivers deliberately cut me off just to slow down to 20 miles an hour in a 45.
  • It happens every time I hit the light on 200 to turn right, someone always, ALWAYS, waits until the light is green. ITS A YIELD!
  • When I’m stopped at a light and someone stops like 2 centimetres from my bumper! Jeez buddy back off. And it’s always some teenager.
  • The worst one, when I’m driving on I-75, riding in the fast lane and some mini van (most of the time) gets right in front of me. Like they didn't even see me, and bam! I go from a nice 85-90 to 65. What are they thinking, it bewilders me every time.
  • The everlasting blinker. We all know that person, the one who forgets its on and every turn coming up we think that's the one. That's the turn, where they leave my presence, but it never is, leaving you guessing. 
I feel like these all exist because people aren’t tested on their drivers test as if they were really out in the open. Everyone performs their “best” but as soon as they aren’t being watched they become aggressive or ignorant drivers. I understand cops do what they can, give citations, but most of the time people just pay and go back to they way they were. 

Everyday bugs

  • I love my cats, I really do but every morning they make it almost impossible for me to keep them. (All jokes btw). They smack me in the head until I wake up, or they yell, or try to pull the blankets off me. It’s either all or one.
It’s honestly my fault, I wake up at different times and feed them at different times in the morning. It’s not a giant time difference but I should start waking up at the same time to feed them. Plus I’m cranky in the morning and being stabbed awake by small claws doesn’t help.
  • Have you ever been showering and then the drain stops draining? Jeez isn’t that the worst. I hate the way it feels when your feet are under water but everything else is getting pelted by the shower head.
It probably exists because I know subconsciously that I need to clean out the drain but I think oh it’s gonna be ok for another week, nothings happened yet. But then it does and it really irks me.
  • Don’t you hate when you watch a movie trailer and it’s the coolest trailer you’ve ever seen?? And then it comes out and it’s one of the worst movies you’ve ever seen! It’s like they spent on the money in the trailer and ran out of money for the rest of the movie. Such as the Chronicle, it looked interesting and then the movie went sideways.
I think this exists because as a kid I use to watch the best movies, like Star Wars, The Godfather, things like those. But nowadays everything gets so hyped up and then it comes out mediocre that I just get dishearten about the movie industry.
  • One of the most unnecessary and annoying things to encounter is Facebook Market Place FLAKES! I can’t even count how many times I’ve watched and sold car parts and games but then you get to the negotiating. These people live to flake. I've gotten all the way to Miami to pick up Nissan 240sx parts and the guy had agreed to the hood and front end (meaning lights and grill). He gave us the hood and the front bumper. I was livid.
This exists because I hope people share the same integrity as I do, when selling an item. But when people show this kind of disrespect when there’s a lot of money on the line it just takes me aback. I just forget that people aren’t going to be honest, they just want the cash.
  • I hate when I have to ask multiple times to get something done. I’ll ask my boyfriend on Monday to help with dishes and then I ask again Wednesday. Then I end up doing them.
Don’t get me wrong he does a lot for me, love the guy, but oh my goodness. This exists because I let it, I end up doing whatever I have asked and not pushing harder to get what I want because I'm afraid I will feel demanding.
  • Currently at my apartment complex they hired a lawn crew, of course, make the place look presentable. However, every other day they blow the three leave that fell over night, at 7 in the MORNING. I cannot express how much I detest that sound. They wake up everyone, like why can’t you do this in another hour or so.
This exists because it’s a loud noise early in the morning and it’s like the lawn company doesn’t care about the surrounding occupants.They have no idea how long people have worked the night before, or who just made it home. It's plain disrespectful, I understand they are doing their jobs but maybe do the loudest after everything else.
  • I dislike having homework due almost all at once in multiple classes, it feels like a whole other world is on my shoulders as I try to keep up.
I feel like I have procrastinated doing work, but I have just been working on the assignments all week. Doing constant homework is normal I just hate when all the assignments are due on the same day, I feel like I have no room to mess up or redo it.
  • Have you ever been asleep and you hear it? That horrible sound. Of your phone falling and it getting unplugged from the wall. For me its always around 3 in the morning, the phone has no business falling. Then I spend around 30 minutes trying to find it in the dark and then trying to plug it back into the wall. By then I'm awake so I stay awake for another hour trying to go to sleep again. It's terrible.
This probably exists because I moved around too much or my cats were playing. However, I already have to take melatonin to sleep, so by then it has worn off. Just having to fight to go back to sleep over a device that really just tells me when to wake up, is so frustrating. 

  • Having a mental block, when I think too much I come to a blockade in my brain. I feel like I can't understand what I'm doing anymore.
I get stuck on one assignment or one idea for too long and this hits like a train. I think this exists because I use to do puzzles and now I treat every assignment as such, however when I would get stuck I couldn't look at the puzzle for a day. Meaning when I get stuck on an assignment it's a huge struggle to continue and push through.

Random OCD bugs

  • I cannot go to bed, unless the room is picked up a bit. Such as the clothes are put in the laundry basket and all the tops of the nightstands are neat.
I think it’s just a habit that started when I was younger, I had to pick up my toys before bed so I didn’t trip. But now that I’m older I do it so one I don’t trip and my phone and water can be in reach while I’m in bed.
  • I cannot handle being late, I’m always 15 minutes early everywhere I go. Even if it’s just to hang out with a friend at their house. I’ll speed if I think I’m going to be late.
I know how this started, my dad was always on time when he took me to my gymnastics meets and wherever else we went. But my mother would take us to school, she would be late 3 out of the 5 days. It got so bad that the principal told her she would go to court she if she wasn’t on time anymore. Now my parents were together at the time and we didn’t have any money problems, my mom just liked to sleep in. Because of her I get insane amount of anxiety when I’m late for anything.
  • I cannot eat, use, smell expired foods. It doesn't matter if it's a day old Lay's chip bag (which I know in my head is completely fine to consume) I just cannot do it. 
This all started when I use to eat foods that were expired, they were completely fine to eat. Then my mom scared me, into feeling ill, by saving I'll rot on the inside if I eat them. As a kid that was the scariest thing I ever heard, so I still don't even touch expired foods.
  • I will NOT eat GRAPES! I'll have grape flavored snow cones, and things like that, but I will not put a grape in my mouth!
When I was in the 7th or 8th grade (at the time I didn't mind grapes, enjoyed them even) I had eaten some that were in the fridge in the bag, thinking they were clean. I just wanted a snack, but little did I know they were not washed. So, 2 in afternoon hit, and I was sweating like crazy, my stomach felt horrible. I made it to the end of school and to my aunt's house, then I starting gagging. I got food poison from the uncleaned grapes. I was so sore from the vomiting that I swore to never eat a grape again. 
  • I cannot write with anything but a fine point pen, mainly the Pilot Precise V5! The way ball point pens just roll unnecessarily and produce random thick letters, it's the worst. In my eyes very unpresentable.
This only exist because I use to write in journals a lot, and I mean I had at least ten at all times. When I would write with a ball point it made such a mess, however fine point would be the perfect amount of thickness and darkness. Along with this, in art we needed fine point pens for pointillism, art made of thousands of small dots.

  • Washing Dishes, okay so not necessarily washing them. I do not actually mind it at all. I just CAN'T stand touching the soggy food, it grosses me out to the max.
I don't like bugs per say, and when the food gets soggy (even though we all know its just food) I can't help but think I'm touching a bug. I can't really say when this all started, probably when there was a bug in the sink once.


This assignment has taken the life out of me, I felt at first it was super easy to identify what gets on my nerves. But after maybe eight, I had a mental block and I couldn't even understand the term bug anymore. I also did not want many of the same idea, however I feel like there might be some. I never knew how much really got to me, and most of the time its other people, well people that are not considerate. It was only difficult when I would have another thought on the way home and then immediately forget it (which also bugs me, lol). I understand now where some of my weird cleaning antics comes from and its from my mother. I did like to look deeper into why I did not like some of the things that bugged me. But if someone asked me to do this all over again, I don' think I could. I can get to the bottom of a bug now, but doing this list was something else.



Comments

  1. Your bug list is awesome, and it made me laugh a lot!! I highly relate to the cat one!! Every morning, once they see a sign of movement from my slumber, my cats start meowing and attacking my feet until I get out of bed and give them food. Gotta love them!! Also, I really like the organization of your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, your bug list was very in-depth and interesting to read. I like how you separated different bugs such as everyday bugs and driving bugs. Your driving bugs makes me wish I thought of that because I feel like I could come up with a million different things, such as when people brake just to switch lanes. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying Local Opportunities

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Celebrating Failure